Solved: Web server clock problem

As I previously mentioned, my Ubuntu web server seems to have a clock problem, presumably because it is running within VMWare.  I found a simple way to keep the clock relatively accurate.  This is probably not the best solution, but it works for me.

I created the following script within the directory /etc/cron.daily

#!/bin/bash
ntpdate pool.ntp.org > /dev/null
exit 0

Then I made it executable by issuing this command:

chmod +x filename.sh   (change filename.sh to the name you gave to the script)

This syncronizes the system clock with an Internet time server every day.  By the end of the day the time is off a minute or two, but accurate enough for my use.

26 thoughts on “Solved: Web server clock problem

  1. Pingback: nicholas

  2. Pingback: Kyle

  3. Pingback: Patrick

  4. Pingback: alejandro

  5. Pingback: richard

  6. Pingback: jackie

  7. Pingback: Zachary

  8. Pingback: Daryl

  9. Pingback: charlie

  10. Pingback: franklin

  11. Pingback: jaime

  12. Pingback: albert

  13. Pingback: douglas

  14. Pingback: louis

  15. Pingback: alejandro

  16. Pingback: Virgil

  17. Pingback: George

  18. Pingback: Glen

  19. Pingback: Morris

  20. Pingback: Nelson

  21. Pingback: Kenny

  22. Pingback: jon

  23. Pingback: edward

  24. Pingback: franklin

  25. Pingback: isaac

  26. Pingback: Erik

Comments are closed.